TikTok Verification Basics
- Verification must be done through a TikTok rep.
- If someone comes to you first about verification, its is ALMOST ALWAYS a TikTok verification scam. You have to reach out to TikTok for verification.
- The form will ask for:
- Username or handle
- Full name individual or company
- Full name of account operator
- Email of account operator
- They may ask for PR you have been featured in. Help A Reporter Out (HARO) is a great way to start getting mentioned by journalists.
- Note: being verified on other platforms will increase your chances.
In the past, having 1 to 2 million followers increased your chances of verification. Now they are looking at who you are and what you can bring to their platform. Follower amount is much less important.
On a side note, there are tools that can help you increase your following
Need to be a public figure, including outside of TikTok.